What is CUES?
CUES stands for Community Urgent Eyecare Services.
Symptoms that can be seen under the service include:
- Loss of vision, including temporary loss
- Recent onset flashes and floaters
- Eye pain and irritation
- Eye infections
- Double vision
- Swollen eyelids
Please note, this is not a sight test.
Also, if you have an ongoing eye condition that is being monitored by your optometrist or hospital eye service, this will not be covered by this service, for example, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy or glaucoma.
Who is this Service for?
If you have a recent onset urgent eye condition and are registered with a GP in Staffordshire or Stoke-on-Trent, apart from East Staffordshire, you can use this service. The service is for both adults and children; there is no age limit for the service.
How Do I Book an Appointment?
To make an appointment please call 0333 015 0122 Monday to Saturday 9am to 5pm
You will be asked some questions about your symptoms in order to assess if you need an appointment with one of our optometrists, and how
quickly. This will be within 24 hours for urgent cases.
Where required, you will be given an appointment with a clinician within the recommended timeframe, either via telephone or video consultation.
This appointment may lead to:
- The provision of appropriate advice or self care treatment related to your symptoms
- Direct referral to a local opticians for further face to face assessment
- Referral to your GP if you require medication or your eye condition is related to your general health
- Referral to your local hospital eye clinic in cases where you require more specialist assessment