What is a Patient Participation Group?
A Patient Participation Group (PPG) is where a group of health professionals and patients can come together to address issues that effect health and health services in their local community.
Usually connected to a particular GP practice, patient forums provide a link between practice staff and their registered patients.
The agenda of any particular group will depend upon the local needs, interests and energies of the participants, but its key role is to:
- Enable patients to have a say on how the practice operates
- Provide feedback on new systems within the practice such as booking an appointment
- Act as a sounding board for ideas Support the practice to provide a high quality of care and service delivery.
Patient Participation Group Chair: Gordon Alcott
We are always looking for new members especially younger patients to join us to give their views on ways to improve the service they receive. We hold hourly evening meetings every 2 to 3 months and if you think you may be interested in helping us to move the Practice further forward, see the 'How Do I Apply to Join?' section below.
Why Not Send Us Your Views
We are also keen for our patients to be actively involved in contributing constructive views and ideas to the future planning of healthcare provision in the area. Simply complete a comments slip and post it in the comments box which is located in the main reception.
Local Initiative Case Studies
The minutes of previous group meetings can be downloaded here:
- Meeting Minutes 9th May 2022
- Meeting Minutes 29th October 2020
- Meeting Minutes 25th June 2019
- Notes of the Network Patient Engagement Group meeting held on23 May 2019 at Chase Medical Practice, Cannock
- 11th September 2018
- 5th June 2018
- AGM Meeting 2017
- 6th June 2017
- 7th March 2017
- 6th December 2016
- AGM Meeting 2016
- 16th December 2015
- 16th September 2015
- AGM Meeting 2015
How Do I Apply to Join?
If you would like to join our Patient Participation Group contact our Practice Manager on 01543 278461.